Monday, January 9, 2012

The Met Who Blames Everything on the Wilpons | New York Magazine

Everyone is speculating on the source for the post at New York Magazine about the current state of the Mets:

"You know what I think when I read about the Mets nowadays? We’ve become the Oakland A’s. We’re the Pittsburgh Pirates. Our fans deserve better than that. You can’t possibly build a dynasty when you’re cutting costs left and right. The only way to turn it around is to sell the team.

It hurts me to say this, because I’ve always liked Fred Wilpon. I know in his heart how much he wants the Mets to succeed. He’s always lived and died with the team. But there comes a time when it’s no longer possible to be in charge. Fred doesn’t have enough money to make it work.
"

If this hastens the Wilpons' departure, I hope this post gets a lot of traction.

No comments: