Monday, October 10, 2011

Simms to Bavaro against the 49ers - December 1, 1986

In yesterday's Giants-Seahawks game, Eli Manning had a pass play to Tight End Jake Ballard, who rammed through some Seattle defenders to gain a few extra yards. The announcers calling that game said it was Bavaro-esque (it was not). It got me thinking though if there was a YouTube clip out there of the catch Mark Bavaro made in a Monday night game when he plowed through the San Francisco 49ers defense. I found the clip, which is below. The picture and sound quality are weak (it looks like the guy was recording it with a camera pointed at the TV.)

Even though I'm a life-long Jet fan, I never hated the Giants (unlike the way I despise a certain baseball team in the Bronx) and this clip of Bavaro, which I remember watching live when I was 13-years old, is still my favorite Monday Night Football highlight of all time. ENJOY!

No comments: