Friday, September 24, 2010

Volcker puts the smack-down on, well, pretty much everyone that makes money from money

Check out the WSJ link while you can because it gets locked down for paid subscribers only after a few days. This was my personal favorite:

“We had all our best business schools in the United States pouring out financial engineers, every smart young mathematician and physicist said ‘I don’t want to be a civil engineer, a mechanical engineer. I’m a smart guy, I want to go to Wall Street.’ And then you know all the risks were going to be sliced and diced and [people thought] the market would be resilient and not face any crises. We took care of all that stuff, and I think that was the general philosophy that markets are efficient and self correcting and we don’t have to worry about them too much."

No comments: