Monday, July 26, 2010

Update on the Indian-Americans Running in 2010

If you read my blog post from July 7th, I mentioned a handful of Indian-Americans running for major elected offices across the United States. Just to give you an update, all but one of the candidates that I named in my post have either won their party's primary election or is running uncontested in an upcoming primary election. The only exception is Reshma Saujani, who is facing the nine-term incumbant Carolyn Maloney in the Democratic primary on September 14th for New York's 14th Congressional District.

Also, Politico recently ran an article about the Indian American Leadership Initiative. It wasn't a very long or detailed article about the IALI but I'm sure the publicity from a major Washington publication can't hurt!

No comments: