Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Solution from February to the BCS Mess

Okay, so I was thinking now that we have the first few BCS rankings of they season that I would write my two cents on how the NCAA can keep the BCS and have a playoff system. (Kind of like keeping the current health insurance system and adding the co-ops or exchanges to it.) Well, it turns out I wrote about this back in February and completely forgot about it. In fact, it was my second post on this blog.

Based on my the playoff matchups suggested in my post from February 4th and the BCS standings on October 25th, you would get the following matchups with the assumption that the highest ranked team in each conference will be the conference champ.

#1 Florida vs. #8 Georgia Tech (Orange Bowl)
#2 Texas vs. #7 Cincinnati (Sugar Bowl)
#3 Iowa vs. #6 Boise State (Fiesta Bowl)
#4 USC vs. #5 TCU (Rose Bowl)

If you're wondering where's Alabama, currently BCS #2, I'm using the higher ranked team from the SEC, which is Florida. If Alabama were to beat Florida, they would be #1. If TCU or Boise State were to drop out of the top 10 and no other mid-major team were to climb into the top ten, the spot would be Alabama's as an at-large team.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: